The ranks followed in Paper Shin roughly follows those of the army ranks of the Japanese Empire during World War II.
Some ranks are shortened.
- Marshal (元帥陸軍大将 Gensui Rikugun Taishō)
- General (陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō)
Generalissimo is a General.
- Lieutenant General (中将 Chūjō)
- Major General (少将 Shōshō)
- Colonel (大佐 Taisa)
- Lieutenant Colonel (中佐 Chūsa)
When Keroro is turned younger he is labeled a Lieutenant Colonel.
Geriri is a Major.
Garuru is a first lieutenant.
Onono is a Second Lieutenant
- Bariri is a warrant officer.
Kururu is a sergeant major. Note: Kururu's rank is higher than Keroro.
Keroro is a sergeant.
Giroro is a corporal.
Taruru became a senior private. Note: Taruru's rank is higher than Tamama's rank.
- Tamama is a private second class.
- Karara was labeled a Private Third Class by Tamama.
Keroro and the others call Akina Hinata admiral.
Pururu is a chief medic.
Nobibi is a Lowest Grand Sergeant.
Gyororo is a spy.
Nuii is a seamstress.
- (general) Keroro once declared himself a Shogun andChibi Shin has also labeled himself as one.